CASA Volunteers are responsible for obtaining the following clearances/certificates:
- PA Criminal Record Check*
- PA Child Abuse History Certification*
- If you have not solely lived in PA for the last seven years, you will be required to complete a state child abuse clearance for any other state of residence
- FBI Fingerprint Check*
- Mandated Reporter Certificate* (online training course)
The CASA Program is responsible for obtaining these additional background checks:
- National Sex Offender Registry Check
- Lancaster or Lebanon County Children and Youth Social Service Agency Records Check
- Social Security Verification
*Please note that these background checks need to be renewed every four years as per affiliation with the National CASA/GAL Association.
*These clearances need to be current within 6 months of your anticipated completion of training date.
*As a trainee, you must show proof of filling or completion of all three clearances and the mandated reporter certificate by the date of your swearing in. If you are unable to show proof of filing or completion, you will be unable to be sworn in and complete training.
Interested in learning more? Register to attend one of our Becoming a CASA Information Sessions, the first step to joining our program. Each session covers the history of our organization, the role of the CASA, and next steps to joining our program.
Information sessions may be hosted in-person or virtually. They are free to attend and approximately 30-45 minutes. Use the "Register Now" button below to view our calendar, see event details, and find one that best fits your schedule.
If you have any questions, please email Sophie Wanner, Senior Training Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org